Thursday, September 22, 2011

SSG Searles!

Today was exciting - Jason will finally be promoted as of Oct 1, for real this time. That will be exactly a year that he's been promotable. Who knew it'd take that long. Sheesh. It made his day, I think.

Then, they told him (after taking x-rays of his hand for the 3rd time) they were hoping to take the wound vac off tomorrow and take the pins out too! This is good news too because we were thinking the pins wouldn't come out until next week. But, we've learned not to get our hopes up. They came to his room to do the 3rd x-ray because the first two were done wrong. I really have to talk myself out of checking behind everyone, and when I don't, look what happens. I always tell myself "they're grown ups, doing their job, they know what they're doing..." I can't imagine being a parent and going through this with a child. If they messed something up twice that we had to re do with a toddler, I would be everyone's enemy in that hospital. The doctor came to the room and brought the x-ray people up to make sure it was done right the third time. I didn't realize he was a doctor, I think he may be a resident, but I was like "did you write in the comments that it was supposed to be done a certain way?!" he was like "yeah, in two different places, both times!" it was frustrating, but at least it was done and nothing was delayed. Anyway, I mention that because when they unwrapped his hand, it was one of the only times we've really seen it. And his hand stunk. Gross. Then he automatically assumes it's infected. It really just smells like dirty sweaty hand that has been wrapped for over a month. Oh can't wait to scrub it!!

I'm going to go ahead and diagnose myself with sciatica. Bummer. It's really tolerable right now. Just really irritating. Every time I bring my left foot forward when walking, it feels like something right above my hip joint, in my lower back, needs to crack sooo bad. And I've tried, oh I've tried. I can't make it move. So of course when I move certain ways it gets worse. And I still have the numbness and sometimes shooting tingles down my left leg. So I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I just wish someone could just crack it!!

And just in case anyone was wondering, I still haven't experienced these new Facebook changes that are supposedly happening.

We're hoping to be discharged soon. Like 10-14 days soon. I'm nervous for that. Then what will we do? Will we be at each others throats all the time because we won't have anything to do? No jobs to go to? It sounds like a dream. It's totally not.

I posted another blog a couple days ago. I just didn't put the link on Facebook, so if you want to read that one, be sure to check it out!

He moves a lot. It's starting to get more and more prominent as he gets bigger. I think I'm starting to be able to feel body parts. I wonder what it feels like when they're full grown. I hope I will get to feel that :-/

No comments: