Tuesday, September 27, 2011

45 days

The charge nurse came in last night and said "Did you know this is your 44th hospital day?"

Boooo.

I keep saying "we've been here for a month..." but really it's more like 6 weeks now...ugh!

On the bright side, we did finally get an official room in Building 62, and we even have the key. So we're not quite sure how this works. Now we can start moving all of our junk, but I'm sure there are still plenty of hoops we need to jump through before we're officially out of here.

Some NP is in now asking him a bunch of typical questions - probably screening for PTSD type questions.

We still haven't decided on a name. Now I feel like we can think about baby more. We can start getting stuff. I swear if they tell us we're moving again anytime soon, I'm not going to be a friendly person. We're still tossing one name around, but I just can't commit. And that worries me. Maybe we will just need to see him first before we can decide. He's getting big though, now my belly looks lop sided sometimes when he moves around and he's on one side. I just hope he's still staying put like he's supposed to be, and not trying to work his way out. And of course with all the moving I'm going to want to lift stuff. And everyone keeps telling me not to. I know I shouldn't, but it's not like I'm moving furniture. Just clothes and dumb stuff. I hate it when people won't let me help.

So right now we're waiting for the docs to come by and give us some damn answers. We're hoping for at least an overnight pass for tonight. Then hopefully we can move this process along before the weekend comes and this place shuts down. I remember this baby we had in the SCN once, and we all kept saying that we felt like the doctors were just sitting on him because they weren't sure what to do. (it was a weekend) That's what it feels like now. And I hate that feeling.

Anyway, maybe I'll actually get to spend the night with my husband tonight without people coming in and out to do vitals or give meds, and we won't be squished in a twin bed. Not that I've ever spent the night here in his bed, but we usually sit in it together at night. It's not very comfortable to say the least. But neither are these chairs.

1 comment:

Linley Family said...

I love that you have more time to focus on baby now, and that you have keys to a new little home. Hoping you get the pass, and everything works out so y'all can move soon.

...don't worry too much about a name, we changed Jarrett's name 4 or 5 times, and didn't decide on Jarrett until about 38 weeks ;) Brady we didn't decide until about the same. You will know when it's the right name

(((hugs))) and much love to you three~