Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SSG Searles?

Not much to post about today, but I'm sure I'll still write a book.

I just posted this on Facebook - but I'll say it again here - IF MY HUSBAND DOESN'T GET PROMOTED SOON, THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WISH I DIDN'T EXIST. I'm so serious it's not even funny. In order to get promoted they have to pass a board - he did that last October - almost a freaking year he's been waiting for this. Then he has to make points - they get points for everything, classes, awards, civilian education, deployment time, etc. He has around 440 I think, but not sure exactly. The point requirements for each rank change each month based on the need. Well, he made points for August - meaning he should've been promoted on the 1st. SOMEONE didn't do their job and update whatever was supposed to be updated in the right amount of time, and so it didn't qualify him. WTF. I've told everyone I can tell - supposedly some Sergeant Major is "tracking it" (i love how the army always says that stupid shit) - the RearD CO knows, and our liaison here knows.

The points for September came out today, and they're back up to 458, so I don't think he made it, unless they count the purple heart (which from googling I think is worth 30 points, so that will make a huge difference) - but I doubt the Army will be able to update anything in a timely manner. So, you better believe I'll be on the phone to these *choice words* people soon. Like probably tomorrow.

Really? I mean, REALLY? Because some dumbass private didn't do his stupid little job that requires the mental capacity of a 2 year old, my husband gets screwed? And then goes out and does his job just like any other day even though he got totally screwed, and then gets even MORE screwed, and he still doesn't get what he freaking earned. It's not even like I'm asking for a consolation prize because he stepped on a freaking land mine - he EARNED this! I mean, I'm sure I don't know all the inner workings of it all - but I know what is right. And that is not right. Ugh. Can you tell this ruffles my feathers a tad?! ha.

We got a(nother) new room today. On a different floor, that's all completely redone. I find it hilarious that these giant governmental organizations are so incredibly unorganized. I feel like I could do a better job. The logistics are just...not there. It's so ironic that we are doing this same thing at work (well my old work) on a much smaller scale by merging two units - and here they're merging the Army and the Navy - and the organization is just as poor. We moved in to a private room, no complaints there. But no internet, not sure how the TV works, crap is still unplugged everywhere, no boards to write the nurses names on. Little things, but things I think are important. Because now there will likely be a gaggle of people in and out doing 'finishing touches'. Just get the shit done, and then move everyone. What's so un-logical about that? If that's a word. And yes, we can live without internet and TV - but when you've been stuck in the hospital for weeks, these things are necessary for patients sanity!!

We experienced our first earthquake today - and it's been the only thing on the news since. Geez. Schools are closed and everything. How ridiculous. Jason was convinced this is the end of the world. He said "Where do I go? You guys can all at least just run somewhere! The whole lower half of my body is numb! I'd be screwed!" Joking of course. But still, just what we need this week - for a building to collapse around us. Go figure.

Mom visited for the evening, so that was nice. She made us some Shepherd's Pie. Yum.

Surgery tomorrow. Wash out and wound vac replacement. Maybe vac removal from left bicep if wound looks approximated enough. Mostly left hand manipulation though, maybe replacing the pins, and adding a new layer of integra that will then get a skin graft two weeks from tomorrow. He got discouraged with this, thinking this recovery is taking much longer than he had hoped. It looks like the other two guys that this happened to, are already outpatient and in rehab now, and it may be a long while before he gets to that point because of his hand injury and the effect it will have on his PT and OT. But I suspect that they will get him up in a wheel chair this week sometime.

I saw a guy with one leg on a segway smoking a cigarette today. Side note. Pick your battles I guess :)

He turns 25 Saturday - yay! Lower car insurance, although I'm thinking about calling them anyway because I have no idea when he'll be driving again. Lots of family visitors again. I'm really hoping to try to get him outside so we can bring the dog up to see him. Who knows.

Another good day for the most part - I hope to get an OB appointment soon, just to kind of get in the system here. I assume I'll be delivering here now. Bummer. Never thought I'd be bringing a baby 'home' to on base housing - or wherever we are by then - but I think it will still be on the base somewhere :/ Ah well, at least it's paid for I guess.

Small Victories. That's what today was about.


No comments: