Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 14, 2011

Today is a new day.

Woke up early, but ended up lying in bed for the majority of the morning, on the phone again, all morning. Hashing out details with my mom - should Dad fly out here to take care of the dog? Should we wait? What do I bring home now? When will I come back here? Where will I stay there? Spoke with various Army officials about the travel situations, and when I will find out when I get to leave. If there's one thing I've learned from being married to and working for the Army, it's always a game of hurry up and wait. Landlord comes over to fix fence. I take Sadie to get groomed, and I was going to get a pedicure, but it's Sunday, so they're closed. Go to Kohl's because I have Kohl's cash staring me in the face that I have to use :) Buy him some soft t-shirts that he loves, and basketball shorts (his very first pair, he hates those things, but I figure that's all he'll be wearing for a while), and some more sleeping shorts to lounge around in. Talk on the phone with life insurance guy about how this may change our policy. The lady at the checkout counter says "How are you today?" I think - "Well, my husband just got his leg blown off in Afghanistan for your dumb ass, our life will never be the same, but yours probably will - how do you THINK I am?" I say - "I'm fine." I then realize, this is going to be a VERY long road to recovery for both of us. I go back and pick up Sadie, all the while on the phone to different people, my boss, the head of the department I work for, friends, family, etc. I go home, and wait for the landlord to be done with the fence. He leaves, and I leave to go back up north to the Apple store. I'm going to buy us a new computer :) I need to be able to keep very accurate records of his care - I may be slightly OCD, and the fact that I know how hospitals work probably makes it a little worse. My old computer is 17 inches, and giant when it comes to traveling - and on the fritz - my husbands old computer went with him to Iraq last time, and is also on its way out. His new computer I got him for this deployment is still in Afghanistan and we won't see it for a while probably. So in I go, pick it out, buy it, and come back home. Simple as that :) I download a medical record app, and am very excited about it. But I think I will still have to keep track of some extra things in a document. This was a fairly uneventful day, have gotten a few more things sorted out with the CPT, but I was able to sleep a little. I planned an early day for Monday...

No comments: