Saturday, October 1, 2011

movie day

We watched SWAT starting at 0830. Then 127 Hours. Then A Cinderella Story with Hillary Duff - he thinks she's hot. Then Top Gun. Then U-571. Then we decided to go out and pay for a movie. But we really just should've stayed in bed. Now we're watching Italian Job.

Let me just give you a little insight as to how our days or nights go.

1800
After laying in bed all day, besides when we went upstairs for 'brunch', we decide to go to a movie.
1815
Decide we don't have enough time to eat first, before the 1950 movie, so nuke some bagel bites, stand in kitchen and eat them, and drink mello yello. healthy.
1830
Go get car, it's cold, and raining, pull around, load Jason, then load awkward wheelchair.
1835
Crap, movie starts at 1920, not 50.
1840
Encounter on base roadwork, detour all around BFE. Finally get to gate which actually lets us turn left, which is nice for once.
1850
Movie theater is only 1.5 miles away, but still have to find parking...in a city.
1900
Finally make it in parking garage, turn right - dead end - in a parking garage? really? No handicapped hangy thing still, so go down two levels and find a spot. Jason has to hop up a step to get to where the elevators are. Nice. Then it takes us to the inside of some office building, in which he has to go down 5 more stairs before finally getting to the sidewalk. Except that now we're on the opposite side of the garage. Getting frustrated.
1918
I say - "The movie will probably be sold out with our luck tonight."
1920
Get in line for tickets. Sign says Moneyball showing is sold out, but that's not what we wanted to see. (Movie is starting now, by the way) "Oh, that one is sold out too" she says with a smile on her face. Of course. (We wanted to see 50/50)
1925
Decide to go see 'What's Your Number' instead. Starts in 5 minutes. Not excited about spending money on that one. I considered it a red box movie.
1930
Navigate around a billion more staring jerks, get old popcorn and giant drinks like usual, and finally make it to the theater which is already dark of course because they're showing previews.

Thankfully we find a seat right in the back. But not so thankful that it happened to be right next to that really annoying movie goer guy who laughs really loud when no one else does, makes unnecessary comments during movie instead of just watching movie, sings along to all the soundtrack songs, and did I mention, laughs really loud when no one else does?

Never going to a movie on a Saturday night in Bethesda again.

Needless to say - we're chalking this up to life experience. And taking in to account where we never want to live. Ever. I am apparently no city girl. Hate. It. Everywhere you go, there is a process. And even more of a process because of our situation. I often think this is preparing me for motherhood in a not so nice way.

Last night we went to Target. Apparently my husband has forgotten what it's like to be married to me. We were there until they closed. He was so tired when we left. But he never complained. At every item, I stood there for about 5 minutes deciding whether or not it was really necessary. I do not want to clog this 'apartment' up with clutter, only to have to move it all back out in who knows how many months. He's not ready for the all day or night shopping trips I guess. And, baby won't be either. It's going to be a huge life adjustment. Not being able to just up and go, and go for however long I can stand. Have to prepare for everything, or be prepared for anything. I kind of feel that way now though. Have to remember to bring along his pills, just in case. And his as needed pain pills just in case. Hand sanitizer since he touches yucky things and can't really wash his hands because he only has one at the moment. Nothing like a baby would need - but I'm getting practice getting a wheelchair in and out of the car, so a stroller should be no problem! But, I definitely won't be able to wander around Target for 3 hours contemplating whether or not I really need something either.

Oh, and I got a parking 'warning.' Thank goodness it wasn't a ticket. At least I don't think it's a ticket.

And, the DMV never got the 59 bazillion papers I had to fill out, copy, or get notarized for them to renew our registration for the Jeep I have out here. Did I mention that already? So, I'm going to fill them out again, mail it certified, and make copies of everything. Now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do about his Jeep. It's sitting in the garage, but it will need to be renewed if I go out there and expect to drive it. But, will the insurance know if we haven't gotten it renewed? Do you have to get it renewed if you're not driving it? We're still paying it off. Hm. I hate the DMV.

You know when people say they feel like the whole world is against them? We, as a couple, are magnets to bad shit happening. Maybe we have very pessimistic outlooks on life. Maybe there is something psychologically wrong with us. I think that is a psych diagnosis actually - if you feel like everyone is against you. But how could you look at our situation and all the mumbo jumbo we deal with on a daily basis, and not think that? Where is the positive in all this? It is absolutely miserable! At least we're in it together. And at this point, we're starting to just expect it - which probably isn't good, but maybe if bad things don't happen and we expect them to, it will be a good day.

I blame todays misery on the weather. Yeah, that sounds like a good excuse :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

I have some good news for you. Wandering aimlessly around Target is one of the easiest things to do with a baby. You can even stay forever. If they need to eat, just go sit at the Starbucks. If they need a diaper change, family restroom. Ellie spent a great deal of the beginning of her life in Target. :) Well, she still is there a lot but now she is loud and begs for things.. lol. If your baby is anything like her, Target will be the first logo he recognizes.

Unknown said...

I agree with Jess. Bailey went to Target multiple times a week. She learned that when I said Target, she was going shopping and would get excited, still does actually. Now she won't stay in the cart and likes to walk in circles around the clothing racks. If you can get pack the crappy sleeping schedule, going out the first few months with your baby is about as easy as it gets:)

Unknown said...

This is Mallory, didn't realize Adam was logged in instead of me...opps.