Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Legos are therapy?

It's been a few days since I posted last. I think these may be able to be spaced out a little more now that our life is a little more monotonous.

We went down to KG for the holiday weekend, which was nice. It happened to be the Fall Festival weekend as well. I haven't been to one of those parades in quite some time. It hasn't changed a bit. People didn't stare as much as I thought they would. Kids did, though, but that's to be expected. One almost got himself hit by a car because he was staring so hard. It was kind of funny, I'm not going to lie. I was just waiting for his dad to get his attention. The kid just was staring, like burning a hole in Jason's leg, and walking at the same time, and almost walked in to a (slowly) reversing car. Then, we almost got backed over because a giant truck didn't see him, or me pushing him, as the parade was ending. People are always in a hurry. The chaos here in our small town was a little surprising when the parade was coming to a close. You can tell it's over because everyone starts walking back. So we're packing up to go, (we brought Sadie too) and this sherif on a bike rides by and is like "Hey can you all move to let these cars get through? Thanks." I was just in shock a little. Really? Give us a freaking chance! It's not like we're sitting here watching the grass grow, we're trying to leave. Ugh. Everyone is in a rush. It's irritating.

Another reason we're ready to go back to Colorado.

All this talk about going back to Colorado, if we ever do get to go back, I sure hope it's how we remember it! Otherwise I'll be supremely disappointed!

I'm trying to find a weekend to fly out there and pack boxes of a few things we need. Such as winter clothes. I am just straight up lazy, and I don't want to deal with it. So I'm tempted to just make do this winter. We've already accumulated so much stuff. I don't even know how.

Anyway at home, we traveled between my moms house and his dads house. We slept at his dads house because it is newer, and much more wheelchair friendly. Making plenty of mental notes about how our dream house will be built. And all the doorways, hallways and rooms will be wheelchair friendly *just in case*. He says next time we go home, he'll be walking through the doors instead of crawling up and down the stairs :)

We bought some baby clothes at a consignment shop I discovered. Went to The Melting Pot - yum. Played some games, and watched Philly sports loose miserably, much to his fathers dismay. He got some good Sadie time in, so that was good. I can't tell you how tired I am of lifting that wheelchair in and out of the car. It's not that heavy, it's just so awkward to lift without scratching my car! Building muscles for the stroller :)

Bought our first box of diapers and wipes this weekend. Guess I will just go with disposables for now.

Registration is renewed. Thank goodness. Now I don't know why I didn't just send two copies of everything to get Jason's car done too. Looks like I will have to do it all again for his. Ugh.

Apparently there is an NRP Renewal in 2 days...Jason's nurse case manager was trying to get me in it. Now I'm worried I won't pass, and I'll make an ass out of myself in front of all these strangers for how much I can't remember! But, I'd rather renew it then take the whole class over again. If I have to, I have to I guess.

Yes, Obama came to Walter Reed. No, we did not see him. I'm sure he was here for about 15 minutes total. And he only cares to see the soldiers who are still inpatient. We overheard someone say "You have to have an IV in in order for the President to visit you." Bummer. haha.

If all goes as planned (can you believe I'm still saying that), we'll be back in Colorado sometime after baby is born (hopefully before our lease is up) in order for Jason to start his MedBoard process. He'll be assigned to the WTB there until they decide if he's able to return to duty. Depending on when we go back, I'm not sure if I'll go back to work or not. I would definitely go back if they'd let me come back part time, but I have a sinking feeling that won't be the case.

We played legos tonight. We started doing it in OT today, and decided we should probably buy some just for fun :) I haven't played with legos in forever, and I don't think I've ever followed lego directions. I always just had my brothers left overs which were in a huge bag all mixed together. If he uses his left hand, it is good OT though, so that's a nice plus.

We're trying really hard to come up with a name for this baby. Still nothing permanent. Should probably look in to taking some classes in regards to delivering this baby. Blahhhhhhhh

I liked our boring life before this boring life. We're together 24/6/365. We don't have to be, but I miss him terribly when I do leave him. I liked that we both had our works to go to. It didn't seem like 'getting away' then, but it does now. Neither of us have a getaway now. Now it's just appointments. I know that doesn't sound boring and terrible, but it is not a normal life. And the whole system is just so screwy, I wish I could be commander in chief for a day :)

He had his leg on for about 2 hours today. We're slowly increasing it. He did laps with a cane. Laps by himself. Laps sidestepping, walking backwards, and regular. He walked on grass, up stairs, down stairs, and in the mud. Overall, eventful day as far as walking! He's preparing for the grapevines tomorrow :)

No comments: