Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome Home Warhorse!


This is the first picture I've posted on this blog. But I love it! It speaks to me - shows the support. I'm not going to try to tell you who that is for fear of messing it up - but he is pretty high ranking.

We went to our first homecoming ceremony today. It was crowded, and the guys were late, as usual. They had a video broadcasting the guys getting off the plane, and Jason and two other wounded guys from his company were standing there shaking everyones hand as they came off the plane. He was beaming. I could tell he was so excited to be there.

It was a mix of emotions, for sure. I wasn't as excited as every other person in there, but I did feel excited and so happy for everyone welcoming home their husband or loved one. I tried to imagine what that must feel like. Last time he came home from a deployment, he was stationed in Germany, and we were only dating, so I couldn't be there. I did get excited picking him up from the airport when he came home on block leave, though. And we were only dating. I can only imagine how I would've felt today with Cooper 4 months old. He would've only seen him at his birth, and not again until now. Obviously through Skype, but that's just not the same! I wish we could've run to him and fallen in to his arms. I wish that could've been us. How many more times can I say that? Ha. I need to learn to move on.

The ceremony was short and sweet, we sat and chatted with a few people we hadn't seen in a long time, and with the other wounded guys who came in from Texas, and then we came home.

Just like that. It's over. They're home. Now what?!

No comments: