Monday, May 21, 2012

2 Years

Holy Moly the amount of things a marriage can go through in 2 years! We've probably done all of the "life's most stressful events" in our measly 2 years of marriage. We've moved, got pregnant, experienced a long separation followed by a long traumatic injury & recovery process, had a baby, and moved again. And we still love each other! Imagine that. It's definitely been hard, we've argued like children and fought and cried and have had every other emotion you can have. We continue to struggle with communicating effectively; we communicate a lot, it's just not always effective or constructive. We compare our problems to every other married couple that we know, to make sure we're still normal.

How many young married couples can say they've made it through what we have, and are still in love and rooting for each other all the time? I'm so glad I found someone so wonderful just four short years ago. He is so humble, compassionate, sensitive, and respectful. He tries so hard to put his family first, and he always thinks of others feelings before his own. He is such a wonderful and loving father; Cooper is so very blessed, although he will probably disagree when he's a teenager. 

I remember our wedding day very clearly still. May 22, 2010. It has only been two years. The day was absolutely perfect, and if anything went wrong, I didn't notice it. Seriously, it was perfect. We got married on the beach, and the weather couldn't have been nicer. People danced at the reception, and it was a fun wedding! How many weddings have you been to and there's that awkward "should we dance or not" moment. Not at ours. The beer was flowing, and people were filling pitchers to bring back to their tables. We had an impromptu photo booth in the corner of the room, which produced some awesome pictures as the night went on. We had about 10 best man speeches because people kept coming up to 'save' the last person, and ended up giving their own speech as well. Every single guest (about 100!) came from out of town, since it was technically a destination wedding. How loved are we, that people came that far to celebrate our special day with us! 

I thought this picture was a little ironic; us brushing the sand off our feet after our beach wedding...who knew that two years later my husband would only have one of those. (I'm obviously still obsessed with finding pictures of him with both of his feet showing. We miss his right foot. Bad.) 

Photo by: Sincerely, Liz Photography 

An adventure filled two years to say the least. I would never want to go through the recent events again, but I am glad it was with him. No one else would handle it with such grace as he has. The only reason I didn't loose my mind, was because he was/is so strong and so grounded throughout the entire process. And he continues to be. 

I hope Cooper grows up to admire his father for all he has become even though life has thrown some crazy shit his way. 

I have to stop writing now, because then I won't have anything to say for Father's Day! 

Happy Anniversary my love. If you ever read all these blogs, I hope you will finally know how much of an inspiration you are to so many people. How much we all love and adore you, especially your wifey and son. I hope you always find the good in every situation, and I hope you never lose your handsome smile and that beautiful sparkle in your gorgeous blue eyes! 
xoxo

No comments: