Monday, March 26, 2012

No More BDubs

Holy Bad Luck, Batman!

My poor husband! How many times can I say that in a year??

This past weekend, we went home. Friday, there was a military wide security demonstration or whatever, so they were pulling out all the stops. It was going to take forever to get on and off base, and so they cancelled PT and OT which meant he had no appointments. We went home Thursday night, and were excited to have an extra day of relaxation! We left after PT on Thursday morning. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, and took a stroll around IKEA which I've been itching to do since we got here. Going in stores like that makes me want to redecorate my entire house...after I win the lottery of course. I get so overwhelmed. And then I get so disappointed with all the (nice and practically brand new!) furniture we do  have. And then I wonder why I always second guess everything I choose, and wish I could just be happy with what we have. Who knew that going in to a furniture store would end up making me question my values. Ha. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked.

I had to tell you that we went to BDubs though, because Jason has a special history with that restaurant. A year or maybe even two years ago now, we went there with some friends to watch a football game. He ordered some hot wings, and got food poisoning that night. He puked twice, and went to work the next day. We didn't eat there again for a while, and when we did, he didn't get anything spicy. Well, on Thursday, he ordered a chicken sandwich with very spicy sauce, and had cajun seasoning put on his fries. He was sweating while eating. More than normal. haha

All was fine until about 2AM Friday morning. He sat up in bed and asked me to turn the light on. "I think I'm going to throw up." He went to the bathroom (on his crutches) and did indeed, throw up. At this point, I was convinced it was food poisoning again, and that his body just cannot handle spicy food like that since BDubs seemed to be the common denominator. We did find it odd that it was more than 12 hours after he ate the food that he was getting sick. He came back to bed, but still didn't feel right. He ended up having to go back to the bathroom to throw up again, and when he was just throwing up bile, we figured it wasn't food poisoning. He said "I think it's the norovirus." I said, "I don't think so..." But after throw up #4 and #5, I decided he was probably right...as he has been about everything else to do with his body. (At this point I'm thinking he should be the nurse in the family, and not me!) So he decided he's just going to sleep on the floor in the bathroom since it's too much of a pain to go back and forth to the bathroom on crutches. (Another thing one might take for granted - the ability to run to the bathroom to puke, if needed) At this point, its pushing 4AM, and I'm trying to go back to sleep, but can't. I get a tiny stomach pain, and start freaking out that I'm getting it too, and that I'll give it to the baby. I picture puking, and laying on the bathroom floor, and then having to breastfeed too. I know that if I get it, everyone in the house will be affected, because I will be sure to make everyone else's life as miserable as mine. I am not a puker. I hate throwing up. I cannot put in to words how much I hate it. I always told Jason that if I had morning sickness of any kind while pregnant, or if I puked while in labor, I would be a miserable b*tch. God must have known that too, and thankfully, I didn't have any above mentioned issues :)

With every new medical development he has, we keep thinking "it can't possibly get any worse than this" and then it does. First, was the obvious. And then he lost that part of his finger and was rehospitalized for it. And then he had yucky withdrawals. And then this mystery rash happened, and he itched so bad he had to go to the ER. And now this!

He laid on the bathroom floor until 4PM Friday afternoon. He threw up about every 45 minutes. He got chills, but was roasting and covered in two fleece blankets. I brought him wet paper towels to wipe his face, and gave him cool washcloths to put on his forehead. I brought numerous cups of ice water and loaded up on gatorade, ginger ale, and saltines. He forced himself to drink fluids so he'd have something to throw up. Finally, around 5PM he thought the throwing up might be subsiding, and he crawled in to the bath tub. I left him with a plate of toast, crackers, and a fresh gatorade. I washed my hands every time I went close to the bathroom. Cooper and I went to the high school girls softball game, and when we came back, he had made it back to the bedroom for the first time in about 18 hours. He finally took some motrin, which broke his fever, and he slept the rest of the afternoon, and all night.

Cooper and I slept in my moms bed for the rest of the weekend, just in case he was still contagious. He finally ventured downstairs on Saturday, and felt a little like himself again. He was still sore all over from sleeping on a hard floor, and throwing up all night. He didn't want to push it, and laid low all afternoon. Mom and I took advantage, and went shopping. She shops like I shop. We walk around aimlessly and find all kinds of things we "need". Jason hates that kind of shopping. I've kind of figured out how to breastfeed Cooper in the Moby. I did that while walking around Target, and I gave him to mom to burp. There's this special bond between Cooper and my mother, and he almost always poops out of his diaper on to his clothes, and hers, when she's holding him. Walking around in Target was no exception. He did his business and we laughed, and kept shopping. She lifted him away from her and we saw the mess he really made. It was all over the front of her shirt, and had dripped down his leg, and in between his toes. A mess.

Cooper rolled over for the first time, all by himself! Just shy of 11 weeks old, he rolled from back to front. My dad and I were the only witnesses. He's going to be a mover and a shaker, for sure. He's pretty much out of 3 month clothes now. He's also going to be a big boy.

We're so tired of saying "When we move back to Colorado..." we're just ready to go. Thankfully, things are in the works, and we're starting to pack up this stupid room.

Hopefully by the next time I write, we will really be on our way out!

No comments: