Monday, December 1, 2008

Updating I suppose...

Everyone seems to be doing it...

But, I don't think anyone really reads this. But I suppose I can still update and pretend like I have friends that do read it. ha.

Well, Thanksgiving break...because I still have a break since I'm a perpetual student.

We got the entire week off this year, which is new for JMU! Yay. It went fairly slow though.
Let's see...where to begin...
I'll go day by day - because it's really that important...

Thursday (20th)
  • I drove home after class all day - just in time for a Mary Kay party at my house...I showed everyone my video (see below) they didn't get it.
  • Catch up time with Mom and Dad - I hadn't been home since September! That's a long time for me.
  • Mom had knee surgery the Friday before, so I was taking care of her
Friday (21st)
  • Drove mom to her Dr appt
  • Dr said sure, you can take the brace off
  • Mom was very excited, but still moving slowly
  • So we decide to do some MAJOR Christmas shopping :)
  • Mom adopts a family from Social Services every year, so we had 3 little girls to buy for...that was fun, spending all that money!
  • We went to Wal-Mart, Target, Old Navy, and Linens - N - Things
  • We also stocked up for Jason
  • I went out to Bailey's with Andrea and Tammy...good times...but very freaking cold
Saturday (22nd)
  • I can't even remember.
Sunday (23rd)
  • Breakfast at the Tates - yummy fried potatoes
  • I worked on a blanket for Jason - the kind where you cut around the edge and tie the two pieces together in a knot - I tried to find the softest fleece they had, but I don't know. I hope he likes it...
  • We went to a dinner thing.
  • Then I came home and did nothing.
Monday (24th)
  • Hmm. I can't remember.
Tuesday (25th)
  • I worked. 7A-7P
  • I got my baby fix.
Wednesday (26th)
  • I started preparing for Thanksgiving dinner - I made a Pecan Pie and tore the bread for the stuffing
  • Then Sarah did my hair and make up
  • I had a photoshoot with Liz
  • Then it was off to Tammys to prepare for the best part of Thanksgiving break - Brocks
  • It was a blast as always - I wore my brand new shoes (which I just discovered I ruined) and we sat at the bar all night and saw people we hadn't seen in ages
  • I just wish I hadn't drank so much :(
Thursday (27th)
  • Thanksgiving!
  • I made it home. Put the turkey in the oven...
  • Ate some leftover chinese food for lunch.
  • Showered and took a nap.
  • Woke up
  • "Helped" cook the rest of the dinner
  • It was only Mom, Dad & me - on the couch with our TV trays - seriously!
  • Very low key.
Friday (28th)
  • Black Friday - Mom woke me up at 7am
  • We went to Massapponax - and it was so NOT crowded
  • Khols, Justice (JUST FOR GIRLS), Wal-Mart
  • Home for leftover turkey and gravy
  • Tamara visited...
  • We packed up Jasons 42lb Christmas package
Saturday (29th)
  • I don't know again.
  • Oh, big breakfast at the Tates as is every Saturday
  • Becca and I made red and green rice krispie treats
  • we ate a lot of them
  • We ate at Pancho Villa in Dahlgren
  • Daddy and I watched Sex & The City the movie
Sunday (30th)
  • I laid in bed all day.
  • Jason told me and IED had gone off not too far away
  • That put me in a yucky mood and I was mean for the rest of the day until I stormed out of the house in annoyance
  • Drove back to school, and here I sit...
A couple side notes:
The internet at home BLOWS - which is why I had to wait so long to post anything.
We watched home videos almost every night I think. They're fun.
I'll be home again in 2 weeks for about a month. Joy.

I read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks - maybe not the best book to read with my lover in the Army - but it wasn't terrible either...typical Nicholas Sparks though...

I'm sure I'm leaving things out. But I don't think you care all that much!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
24 days till Christmas!

1 comment:

Just the Four of Us said...

Sounds like fun....and yes, I still read the blog. Maybe, we can get together over Christmas break and go out...although Brocks is not my favorite place to go!