Sunday, November 2, 2008

it's a beautiful day...


I think this tree is b-e-a-utiful! ALL the trees this autumn are! I don't know why I never really noticed it before. But recently I have been blown away by the beauty of them. It's sad though, it means more cold weather is coming. Boo. I really hate cold weather. But, on a happy note, this weekend was Homecoming & Halloween. Always a good time. Melissa and Nancy came back, I haven't seen them in a while! It was nice to look at old pictures and reminisce. The tailgate we were at had a lot of babies, so it was much more subdued this year. Bummer. Even bigger bummer for one who has baby fever, bad. Man, I want a baby!

Okay, so I'll put the rest of the pictures on Facebook. But let me tell you, I do not want to leave this place. I love it here. I feel like its my second home. I have a lot of second homes. That's a good thing though, right? I will leave, but I won't like it. This is MY Harrisonburg, MY JMU, MINE! It's so wierd coming back after being gone for a while, especially now, because they're building so many new things. I want to be part of them all. I want to experience them all. But, sadly, I have to grow up and move away. I can't live in a sea of red solo cups and smashed pumpkins for the rest of my life. I mean I could, but it wouldn't be a very good place for a baby! The best part will be that one weekend in October, that one weekend that we can revert to college life, and try to drink like we used to, and tell old stories and laugh a lot. I can't wait for next year. Next year will be my first REAL homecoming. Finally, no longer a student...yikes.

Just for kicks, we decided to take the drunk bus home Friday night. It was hilarious. I still go here, and I forgot how insane it is. I just don't usually go out like we used to. And we went out hard. Here is a small small piece of how it is.

I can't even describe to you, the amount of people that were out this weekend. You have to be careful driving, because they all walk in the roads. We almost hit someone running in to the middle of the road to get his shoe. What? Yes. His shoe. Nancy says "What are you, an idiot for Halloween?!" You can always count on her for a funny remark. Oh, and we shared our corny jokes - Melissa's was the best

"Hey did you hear about the circus in town?!"

"It's in-tents"

Anyway, there was no picture I could've taken that would capture the mass chaos this weekend. You just had to be here to see it. Truly incredible...and I don't know if that's a good thing! But it's what makes me love it here. Where else would you ever ever EVER see such things?!?!?!?

Oh, and it was Halloween.

Bethany and I dressed up as "fruits". I guess you would call them that. But basically my who-ha showed all night because that dress thing kept flipping up. But I had cute little shorts on, so it's whatever. Besides, I'm in college, we show our who-has. Haha okay, I don't know how credible that statement is, but it makes sense in my head.

So - good weekend. I missed Jason a lot though. A lot more than usual. I just wanted him to be able to experience that with me. He didn't really even know what Homecoming was!! Plus, all the babies...well, you know.

Now we're in November. Craziness! Ah! I just remembered it's our 9 month anniversary! I always forget that...whoops! haha. He forgot too though, because I've talked to him for a while today and he didn't say anything. But it's okay, he doesn't really have a calendar. I think all the days kind of mesh together for him. I know he's bummed about missing everything, but I keep telling myself that it's for the best because right now I'm incredibly busy with school. We're doing everything backwards, but I like backwards.

There was a lot of talk of engagement rings this weekend also. Nancy is getting married in June. We're growing up. We're getting married. It's weddings now, not unicorn birthday parties.

I suppose that's all I can really say for now. I have been laying in bed all day. Contemplating watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. But I have to try to restrain myself until it gets closer to Christmas...but I think I might just watch it anyway. I love that movie. I ate McDonald's too. I have got to start working out again. I don't like myself right now. Yuck.

Okay, now I'm just rambling. Enjoy the last hours of your Sunday. Back to the grind tomorrow. And now it's dark all the time!

Aw mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

No comments: