Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Natalie: 3.5 years



January 2nd, 2018 (almost 7 months late)

Natalie Jane -


I just logged in to this site for the first time since last January...when I did your brothers 5 year post. Sadly, I never wrote one for your 3rd birthday! So, here it is...7 months late...I'm sorry sweet girl!

For your birthday, we celebrated as a family. You had Trolls everything. A cake, balloons, plates, napkins, etc. We went to Build-a-Bear and you chose a big Princess Poppy to stuff. You got a special outfit for her and everything.

You were Princess Poppy for Halloween!
Also for your third birthday, your daddy potty trained you in three days! Since mommy's birthday is 4 days after yours, daddy asked me what I wanted, and I told him I wanted him to potty train you! And he did such a great job! You were literally done in 3 days. NOW, we went on a 3 week vacation to Virginia/North Carolina right after that, and you started having accidents again. But by the time school started in the fall, you pretty much got it together big girl.


You also got to sit forward facing in your car seat for the first time! You loved this. But every now and then you will ask to sit backwards and be a baby again!

Now that you're three and a half though, you are dying to be 4, and even 5. You're always asking 'am I this many?' and holding up 3 fingers. Yes, dear. You're still 3. "Well on my next birthday I will be four and then I will be five just like dubby." (Dubby is what you call your brother, I think it came from us calling him Bubby, and for some reason you picked Dubby, and it stuck. Your dad hopes you call him this forever!)




You started your first ballet class in the fall as well! Mommy was SO excited for this milestone. You have gone through some moments of not wanting to dance, but so far you're sticking with it. I hope you will dance at your spring recital! Stay tuned for that one...





You have so much personality now. We are finally able to braid your hair, but only half way :) We can do little pony tails too. Some days you just don't want it done, but I'm trying to grow out the front so you don't end up with the awful childhood bowl cut I had. But that means hair in your eyes all the time unless we put it back. I'm sure it bothers me more than it bothers you.



You are thriving in PreSchool - Mrs. Bartletts M/W class, the same as your brother (minus the Friday). We adore her. You're learning how to write your name and are still deciding whether you'll be right or left handed. Your first BFF is Brinley, and you two fight like sisters. When she comes over to play you're very bossy and protective of your things, but then cry when she leaves. You're very confusing sometimes!

Your favorite foods are apples, pears, grapes, oranges, yogurt, cereal, chocolate milk, apple juice, applesauce, goldfish, fruit snacks, and cream cheese bread.

In October, you had your first surgery - you had to have 4 silver caps put on all your molars. We tried to do it under conscious sedation in the office but as soon as he tried to drill you said no way! So we had to go to the hospital and have you put under general anesthesia so they could get them on. I was so nervous to let them do that, but they let me walk back to the OR with you until you were asleep. You woke up and cried because you wanted to suck your thumb (but they didn't know that) and they had both your hands wrapped up from the IV and pulse ox. As soon as I unwrapped them and you could suck your thumb, you were fine. Just sleepy. For a few days they hurt and you weren't used to them. You kept saying "take these silver teeth out mommy, I don't want them anymore". And every time we go to the dentist you say "Let me see your silver teeth mommy!" :)

Overall, your third year has been so fun! We have watched you grow in to quite the little sassy pants. You have strong opinions and a lot of love for your big brother. You love hugs, and your bun bun. You are now sleeping most nights in your own big girl bed instead of on mommy's floor. You are strong, independent, smart, and hilarious. We are so excited to see what your fourth year brings!


We love you so much, Natty Girl!
xoxo
mom&dad



No comments: