Saturday, December 13, 2014

Natalie - Month 6

Dearest Natalie,

I can absolutely NOT believe that you're a half a year old already! Amazing. The years are flying by now. You are my content little girl, now. A complete turnaround from your first four months!

You aren't rolling yet, and that has me worried a little. I'm sure you will be ok, and I should embrace the lack of mobility right now, but I do want the world for you, and certainly don't want you behind! I believe you can do it, but I think you are just fine being on your back that you have no desire to do it. You are tolerating your belly much longer now, and have gone from your belly to your back…but only one day.

Your first food was homemade sweet potatoes. You were really indifferent, and only ate a couple spoonfuls.

Your dad has been trying to get you to belly laugh, which you still haven't done, at least to his standards. You will laugh, only if something is really funny. Your personality is starting to emerge, and we think you're going to be so laid back, and very serious. Getting you to smile is getting easier, but you still reserve the good smiles for very special occasions!

You've inherited your daddy's bushy eyebrows…the jury is still out on who's hair you will have!

I'm worried you've also inherited your mommy's lazy eye. So, I'm sorry in advance :(

I had forgotten how easy shopping was with a 6 month old. You aren't sitting yet, either, but you can sit in the cart if I prop you up with blankets. You don't wiggle out of the seat belt or kick or scream, and it's amazing. I can actually slowly wander through every aisle of target like I have been longing to do since what feels like forever. It's almost like a vacation! In that aspect, it does feel like the second baby was so much easier. But not in a lot of other aspects.

You are still sleeping in the pack and play in our room, much to your fathers dismay. He's tired of whispering anytime we go to bed. And it's true, you do need to be in your own room, in your own bed. Hopefully soon, sweet girl. I'm sorry you didn't get a precious pink nursery from day one of your life, those kinds of things are just not in the cards for our family, it seems. What matters is that you are loved AND you are sleeping 12 hours at night :)

You continue to be my happy, observant, girl. We are so blessed to have you in our lives, we love you so much!
xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emi didn't roll at all either until she started crawling around 9 months… something super late like that. It was late.

12 hours sounds sooo nice… i should figure out how to make that happen too..