Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jason - Month 19

Still waiting on a surgery date. Still waiting on the VA to come back and let us know what they've decided about his disability ratings. Still waiting on the eczema to go away, for the itchiness to stop, and for the nightly routine of steroid cream and slathering lotion everywhere to come to an end.

Other than that, we've just been surviving life in the WTU and hoping the furlough doesn't affect us too terribly. It's still unclear how his medical retirement benefits and Tricare will be affected.

We're talking about buying a house here in the Springs, and we plan to be here for as long as it takes for Jason to finish school. I'm more than ready to get out of this rental home and finally make something my own after all the pins I've seen on pinterest. It's just one more thing to add to our list, and quite frankly, I'm lazy. I don't feel like dealing with the VA for a loan, or the bank for a loan, or packing and moving and unpacking. But I'm sure we will survive it, and it will all get accomplished. Just one of those things I just want to happen instead of it being a long drawn out process. I'm also afraid we won't be able to find something we love out here. The architecture style is much different than we're used to. They don't build colonials out here, that's for sure.

Anyway, not much to write home about this month. Once we get the surgery scheduled and the planning for that underway, there will be much more interesting posts :)

No comments: