Monday, April 6, 2009

These are the things I daydream about...

Organizing.
Decluttering.

Honestly, it stresses me out when I look around my apartment and see all the STUFF I have. I may or may not have inherited the packrat gene from my father, but I also have the purge gene from my mother. I've given away a whole bag of shoes and two trash bags full of clothes. You would never know it. Right now, I'm looking at my desk area. I'm realizing that the single, tiny file box will no longer cut it as I enter the 'real world'. I think it's time I beef up my filing system (but, quite frankly, I'm proud of myself for having a system at all!) I have a huge corner desk system - but I've decided I hate it. I love character - but I hate clutter. And I feel like everything on that desk is exposed. It needs a place.

And, I'm moving. So, I feel this is the perfet time to be purging. The only problem is, my dad will have a caniption. So really, everything I 'purge' will just go right back home with my parents. But, I certainly don't want to move it halfway across the country it hasn't seen the light of day in the two years I've lived here.

So, I'm moving - but I'm moving in with someone else - so that brings more STUFF! AHH!! I like this set up - if we were lucky enough to score a two-bedroom that we could use one for our 'office' (like either of us have office jobs - ha).

Ladder desks

And, quite frankly, there is still a little too much stuff here too. But it's a lot better than what I have now. Maybe it's just that it's more unified - I have a thing for color coordination when it comes to storage units. Unfortunately none of mine match, and it sends my OCD in to overdrive.

I need to go here.

Container Store: selling organization 1

I honestly don't think I could contain myself - no pun intended (haha)!

I am also obsessed with Planners. I want to buy them all throughout the year. But what's the point in that? I want to buy Jason one too, but I know he'll never use it. I think it's a guy thing. :(

Mike Rohde's Custom Moleskine Planner

I also have a problem with framing pictures and hanging them properly. I always see these cutesy frames in Target and wherever else and just have to buy them - but then I get home and they don't 'go' with anything, and I get more frustrated.

You know what it comes down to? I need an interior designer to follow me every time I move. Right now, I am in a typical mis-matched college apartment with hand-me-downs from who knows where. I love the mis-matched/vintage/retro whatever look - but I just can't seem to pull it off!

But guess what?
Jason has been in Iraq for an entire YEAR.
I'm finally graduating.

NO MORE OF THIS:



We'll be together.

In Colorado.

Loving each other!

Couple having fun on snowboard

*sigh*

2 comments:

Hokie Girl said...

It's about time! Haha, I am obsessed with planners too. I would always get excited to buy them before the semester. I have frustration with frames also. It's really hard to have everything coordinate!

yay for colorado!

pop ramblings said...

really im commenting back on what you said on my post, but i wanted you to know that the last song that i kicked OFF my list was garden grove by sublime, which we used to listen to endlessly in the obx. how fun!